Tuesday, September 20, 2011

blogging.. and why I haven't done much of it.


I've been on an unofficial blog hiatus, and have only updated a few times. I haven't taken a lot of picture this summer, because , well... my summer kind of sucked. We didn't really do anything fun, a lot of our friends were gone, Austin had school and worked a lot. I have also felt super overwhelmed.
And when I feel overwhelmed I don't want to do or say much. Because most of the time I'll just complain about everyone and everything. It's just who I am. When things get tough, I put on a fake smile and stay quiet. My mood hasn't quite changed, but I'm hoping that as soon as I get my scattered brain together and finally form a schedule for myself life will be much easier and happier.

I've read a few blog posts today about change and reorganizing for saner life and I think that I'll partake.
Ealier this summer my friend Nikki and I started training for a 5k ( who trains for a 5k? people who are really REALLY bad at running... like can't even go 90 seconds without stopping) we're on week 6 I think and we're still going strong. It's exciting really. Today we ran 8-5-8 with 3 min walking breaks. The last 8 minuets were starting to get hard, but I knew that that was when we should be pushing ourselves harder. So we did, and I even kicked my speed up. We ran 2.43 miles in 32 min. Pretty good for girls who only ran for sports and not for leisure.
Along with starting a new habit of running, I'm trying to start a habit of lifting weights, I really want to do crossfit, but every time I mention something about crossfit on Facebook people ask me silly questions or just thing it's something weird.
Google, people, use it, it's a magical tool.
anyways... the school gym is hot as hades, so i hate working out there, that and it's a crazy meat market because school has started up again and people still have goals to meet their spouse. You think I'm kidding? You've OBVIOUSLY never met a young, fresh of the mission (or freshman) mormon person before. It's awkward to watch.
So i've been thinking about joining Worlds Gym, they have daycare, lots of equipment and classes that I can take, and I have a few friends that go there. we shall see.

also in other new (this is was scatterbrained... i don't make these things up.) I've started going back to school to finish my degree. Not by my parents bugging me, but because I felt like I needed to. I felt small compared to my friends who had degrees ( and I shouldn't, "i had a family, i have children to nurture" blah blah blah , it still doesn't make me feel better. It's not enough) and I want to finish something that I started. I want something I can actually use in the future. These university studies degrees and associates is worth about as much as a high school diploma ( and don't say, that still means something... because in reality, when you're looking for a job, it doesn't)


in other words, this blog post isn't a cry for sympathy, it's just an outlet for me to say what's on my mind.
and that's what's on it... most of it at least. I'll spare you the "i want to poke my eyes out, but can't stop reading" stories. :)

5 comments:

Jennie said...

My friend actually works at World Gym and I've worked out with her there a couple of times and honestly, the equipment is so outdated and bad. I don't know about the weights or the classes or the childcare, but the equipment is as old as I am. The treadmills are loud and I think some were a little sticky-- like the tread would get stuck. And the ellipticals were definitely not as nice as the ones at the school gym. :)

Dawn said...

Yeah, I'll probably just use heavy weights, and i'm trying to run outside. my husband says its better for me. everytime I have a chance to workout at the school gym the heavy weights for squatting and stuff is being taken over by big beefy guys who i'm afraid to go near.

Unknown said...

hahaha dawn I miss you in my life... we need to live closer

Sammers said...

Your Mormon/fresh off the mission comment made me laugh! Also I know you can do it (the degree)! Don't sell yourself short, though, as being a mom is VERY important, too :-) & I need to do weights also . . .you just reminded me . . .haha :-/

Ashley said...

When I started the couch to 5K I seriously thought I was going to die. No joke. The first several weeks were HAAAAAAARD. But 6 months later I just ran 8.5 miles. It can get addicting. :)

You may not be winning any races, but by taking care of yourself you are definitely winning at life!

(Is that the cheesiest thing you've ever heard? Probably. Sorry about that :).