Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tasty Tuesday on Thursday: Baked Toasted Ravioli

Toasted Ravioli with Marinara Sauce
recipe adapted from AllRecipes

1 egg
3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 (25 ounce) package frozen cheese ravioli, thawed
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
Marinara sauce for dipping (recipe follows)
Preheat Oven to 375
Put egg in a small bowl. Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl. Dip ravioli in egg mixture, and coat with breadcrumbs.

In a large saucepan, heat marinara sauce over medium heat until bubbling. Reduce the heat to simmer.

Place Ravioli on a cookie sheet and put it in the oven at 375 for 10-15 min, or until the breadcrumbs are a golden brown.


Marinara Sauce
recipe adapted from AllRecipes


1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
6 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup finely diced onion
1/2 cup white wine
In a food processor place Italian tomatoes, tomato paste, chopped parsley, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.

In a large skillet over medium heat saute the finely chopped onion in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the blended tomato sauce and white wine.

Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Leftovers are great to use over pasta and can also be frozen.

3 comments:

Jenna and Drew said...

I'm totally making this tonight! I pulled out chicken and ravioli for dinner, so now I'm just going to bake the ravioli with the chicken! Thanks for the great idea.

The Tiny Team said...

I'll take 100!

Oh my gosh, yum!

Oh, and your kiddos are beyond precious! You are one blessed mama!

-Amy

Terri Ann said...

This sounds delicious! I think I'm gonna have to make this sometime soon. Last time I had this was in St. Louis, 5 years ago!!! Thanks for posting how to make it!