Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 2: back in black

Jeans: Nordstrom Rack, Sweater: New York and Co, Boots: Dollhouse, Scarf: My Cents of Style

So I think diets to lose weight creates monsters. I was on a roll, down 8 lbs since the beginning of January and I hop on the scale and have discovered that I gained two pounds. I play it cool, no biggie; but on the inside I'm freaking out. "What did I eat?!", "I knew I should have worked out last week", "I blame the muddy buddies!!!", "Okay, after the Relief Society activity I'm working out for an hour!!!". And all of a sudden my clothes are snugger (is that even a word?) than before (seriously.. i think (or at leat i hope) that it's all in my head). Bah..

On to less superficial things, I'm reading a book called Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother and while I like the stories she tells about her family and how she was raised, I kind of hate the author. I"m halfway done, so i'll let you know how I feel when I finish.

5 comments:

Frances Joy said...

I love this look, especially the cozy looking scarf.

Jenna and Drew said...

Hmmm, your clothes are fitting snugger? Your boobs are hurting? (never mind your wheening Spencer). I'm thinking #3! ;)

archives vintage said...

part of weight loss is loosing, but sometimes you do gain a pound or two. dont be discouraged! keep going - you'll continue to see results!

good luck, fellow 30x30er :)

Anonymous said...

The scarf is a gorgeous accessory!

Ashley J said...

I am really liking this all black outfit with the only color up around your face!!! I am trying to lose weight also, joined Jenny Craig about 3 weeks ago...blah!

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com