Wednesday, September 3, 2008

castor oil = all night on the toilet

haha, i broke down and drank a castor oil cocktail.
it wasn't as bad as i thought, but it was really hard to swallow without wanting to gag.
and everytime i burped, it tasted like i ate a tube of lipstick haha.

well.. last night i was up pretty much all night, made 5 good bm's and wanted to die, laid in the bathtub full of hot water because you can imagine my hiney hurt really bad (don't feel bad for me, i'm really a masochist).

and then today, while my bowels are empty, i've got a rock hard stomach and i'm contracting... i think. anyways, we might have baby tonight or tomrrow, or next week.. who knows

4 comments:

Marie said...

I hope it's sooner than later!

The Crisps said...

hahaha! you are one brave girl!

Bonnie said...

eeep.

Unknown said...

Pace yourself, dear sister. Remember that you'll need to be rested-both physically and mentally for this birth experience.

Contractions and dialation is important, but you need to be fully efaced. Don't rush yourself. Your body will tell you. I can and have walked around for DAYS contracting every 5 minutes.

Do some good walking, finish your laundry if you need to, stock up on milk and juice, maybe some dinners for when you're exhausted. All these things will keep you busy and divert you.

When John-Ross was born, I called Dad on the way to the hospital. I was sent home. This was pre-cell phone days, so I couldn't tell him to turn around. Fortunately, I went back and produced so his trip wasn't wasted!

You're lucky to have your mom available and close by. I remember how hot and huge she was prior to your bith!

I'm sorry I can't be there. I'll send Sarah along next year to be your complimentary babysitter!

love,
me