Monday, February 25, 2013

i'm surprised I don't have any (more) grey hairs

If I read this enough maybe i'll start to believe it. 


Source: google.com via Jennifer on Pinterest


There isn't enough credit given to being a mom. I want all those people out there who work and judge us stay at home mom's to take on a couple of kids for a week and then tell us how hard it is. I don't know, maybe i just royally suck at this, but i've never been so emotionally exhausted, yet still wake up in the morning loving/hating (it's more love than hate, and the hate is more under appreciation than hate) what I do and would rather be a slave to my children than work for the man (who knew i was such a hippie)

p.s. i desperately need a girls night and/or a date night because this is getting old, and i'm getting a little frazzled.

and i've decided that when I get all moved into my house i'm going to go get my hair and nails done and no one will stop me. NO ONE. (because i earned it dammit)

3 comments:

Jelli said...

Being a stay at home Mom is the hardest! I've done both, and I really believe it's easier to do both. When working, it was a nice break from the kid to go to work, interact with adults, and contribute financially. Then, I could come home and enjoy the time I had with him. Doing both is hard because you miss them when you're gone, but being a stay at home mom is so exhausting because you NEVER get a break. I'm sorry if people look down on you for staying home, it's unfortunate that women make each other feel bad about how they choose to raise their kids, when we should just be encouraging each other. I think you're doing an amazing job, good luck with the house, it is super cute!!

Familia Cedeño said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Familia Cedeño said...

I couldn't agree more with Jelli's comment.

It is super hard to be a mom at home all the time. I think that it's important for you to have an outlet of some kind, so that you can have a break and "charge your batteries" or "fill your bucket" however you want to call it. Just think about what you are comfortable with, what are your priorities.

I've learned that as long as you are taking care of your kids, the best way you can, according to your situation and your personal needs, then that's all that matters.

Don't let people's judgement make you think otherwise.