Saturday, January 5, 2013

Challenges

The real world sucks.
You do everything that you're told to do and you do it fairly well and how does the world pay you back? By making you work thrice as hard to get what's rightfully yours.

Nothing has gone as planned, which is okay, we were kind of prepared for that; prepared for the fact that we probably wont find jobs right away, that we wont get to buy our dream house, and that we'll be poor for a while.

We were okay with that. We're still okay with that, I mean it's only been a month, I just need to be patient.

What I can't handle is how one of my children isn't dealing with all this change so well. He misses his home, his bed, his schedule and his personal space. He's got to learn to live with this because change is inevitable, right? I just don't know how to teach him this--who am I talking about? Spencer of course, because he's like me, fighting change although I claim to accept change etc.. (fake it till you make it is my motto most of the time)--he screams incessantly, screams so loud that your ears feel like bursting, he cries all the time (more so than he used to, i understand that my child whined a lot, but when I'm starting to get sick of it, you know it's a lot), he's hitting, throwing and lashing out  A LOT more. What can I do? I'm completely lost, there are WAY too many parents residing under one roof that I think it's confusing to him sometimes, we all know this, we've talked about it some.
I would go ahead and make a routine for him, but i don't even have my normal routine. So how can I give him one when I don't even have one. I'm hoping to have at least a little consistency. I just don't know where to start.

I need to join a gym, get a library card, make friends... DO SOMETHING. Especially something with the kids.

advice?
help

No comments: