Friday, May 18, 2012

Triathlon training and zombies.


I have irrational thoughts. About people abducting me and torturing me in their basements in the middle of nowhere or zombies coming out of my closets... even though I would have to have a zombie in my house in the first place, and since they don't exists (i have to keep reminding me of this multiple times a day) that's nearly impossible, but people... I can't help it.

I especially can't help that Austin watches walking dead beside me and it sounds interesting (and sick) that I have to know what's going on! Thus a vicious cycle begins where all I dream about and think is zombie.. AUGH?

where was I going with this? Oh, right Triathlon training.. Here we go.
It's been a long second week of my training. My legs are starting to feel tired and I"m starting to lose a bit of motivation because I'm also very tired, but I'm not quitting because remember, I paid $75 to be in this triathlon. My money will not be spent in vain!
Anyways, when I"m feeling sluggish or am getting tired and start slowing down I start to scare myself. I start to think "someone is behind you, they are going to take you and kill you and no one will ever know because you're in the B.F.E." and when i'm running I think "dawn.. zombies are behind you, remember rule number 1 of zombieland. CARDIO" so I start to run faster and i also feel like i want to throw up.

Honestly those two events are something that I"m not entirely good at, so it's good to scare the bejezzus out of myself because then I'll actually work hard and maybe get better. Maybe.

So if you ever see me running or biking around rexburg, remember what I'm thinking about.. and please don't scare the poop out of me.. because I cannot guarantee that I will or will not actually crap my pants.

I'm an irrational girl really. Don't judge me.. but you are allowed to laugh.. hysterically if you want to.

1 comment:

Halsey said...

bwahaha! love the running motivation. I should try it...