Saturday, April 28, 2012

and on the 4th day.... he cried some more.

There has been constant crying in my house for the last 4 days.
While I am normally patient with crying from babies (because really, how else are they to communicate?), this has been a test for me. It's all I can do to not put Spencer on the side of the road with a "free" sign around his neck, or throw glass, or scream at the top of my lungs outside (I'm sure someone would think I was crazy). Normally I can fix this, but lately, nothing can console this crying machine.

To give you some background, Spencer started getting the sniffles around Saturday, so I went to the store, bought some Bennadryl and had him take it because initially I thought he was having allergy trouble.. This stuff does NOTHING for him, so I just figure that maybe he's getting "sick" because of the weather change. Well.. I take him to the Dr on Tuesday because he's starting to cry...alot, ( if you know Spencer, you know he's pretty relaxed and can be easily distracted) the doctor looked in his ears, did the whole shebang, and just said that he was getting a bit of an ear infection, nothing too serious but that he would like to nip it in the bud. So he prescribed Zithromax, and normally he's been okay on it, but the crying continued for 3.MORE.DAYS. So we brought him back in (by this time, he'd only pooped twice since Sunday, didn't want to eat or drink anything for the last week) I told the doctor that he'd been crying for the last 3 days and that he hadn't pooped in almost a week. The doctor felt around his tummy and said it wasn't hard, but was worried that maybe his stomach hurt because of being constipated and taking the zithromax. So I didn't give it to him today, and he's been eating like he normally does, but the crying... JUST. WONT. STOP! I'm about to lose my mind.

He wants up, I pick him up, and then he wants down. He wants his blanket, I give it to him, and then he wants it off. Or he just rolls around on the ground crying,screaming, blubbering.

Is this a phase? Is he sick? Am I completely failing as a parent (don't answer that).

Wherever my happy, flirty, shy-ish baby went, I'd like him back.

2 comments:

Jessica :) said...

I'll answer anyway: no, you're not failing as a parent. I hope you can figure out how to help him soon! That would be so hard to deal with.

Unknown said...

Hello,
I came across your website and found it very enjoyable. I just had a couple of questions so if you could e-mail me back that would be great!