Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas at home 2011

This christmas was a quiet one (my favorite), but we also pretty much had two Christmases.
We hung around Rexburg for most of the break this year, we were in Utah for about 4 days ( the 23rd -27th) and now we're back (and it feels so good!)
Anyways, we celebrated our Christmas on Friday morning (right before we left for Utah), Austin and I didn't get very much for each other, and that's okay because we're finding out that it's so much more fun watching the kids open presents than actually getting presents ourselves.
We started the morning off by waking Lorelei up (this girl loves to sleep, she so wanted to just keep sleeping, but I made her look around to see her presents)

 Look at all the presents! Merry christmas to me?
 Oh my boy is getting to big :(

 Here's roxy and all her glory. Remind me to blog about her acting like a cat.... all the time.
 This was her face for pretty much all her gifts, I love it. Cue warm fuzzy feelings :)
 And of course Austin trying to act surprised haha. He was pretty excited to get a dremel for Christmas though.
Seriously though our Christmas was pretty boring, and frankly I wouldn't have had it any other way. I"m totally game for opening presents, watching a couple of Christmas movies and vegging out all day and then ordering chinese for dinner.

We bought a real Christmas tree this year and it was the worst decision we've made this year, haha. It lasted about 2 weeks and we were all done(i didn't even take a picture).  From now on it's fake, pre-lit Christmas trees(and shatterproof ornaments)

1 comment:

Jessica :) said...

I love my shatterproof ornaments. I also love my fake tree. I'm sure it's a fun tradition for a lot of people to get trees but I'm sure I would hate it.
I also love Lorelei's faces. Going from sleepy to smiley to surprised was adorable!
And now I'm waiting to hear about Roxy, the confused dog. :)