Thursday, October 20, 2011

cleaning... what's the point anymore.

I clean everyday. Seriously EVERYDAY. and it's fine, but I generally like to do it when Spencer takes  his one.. measly nap. Sometimes I don't very much done, but I try.

But seriously. Now a days I don't even see a point to cleaning because I'll clean and then an hour later it looks like a disaster again.

Source: etsy.com via Emily on Pinterest

I wish that I could say I completely 100% agreed with this sign, but dang it! I just want a clean house!!!

last night I cleaned, this morning I cleaned and this.. is my house.

oh my gosh, the kitchen THE KITCHEN. I strive as hard as i can not to live like my parents ( you should see their kitchen) but my huber-ness is coming to get me.

This makes me want to cry and throw things and curse very loudly.

I don't know why she likes to be shirtless all the time.. but we need to break her of this habit before she gets boobs. seriously.


see this list? It will get done, but will i have anything to show for it?

I don't even know what to do with this place. The dining area can hardly be called a dining area. it's so dang small. We have to push the door all the way against the wall or we can't open the back door.


I don't know what to do. I just want to throw a bunch of junk away and I'm constantly organizing. But i hate touching austin's army stuff, because that's just too much pressure for me. If he loses it, it's his fault.
I know that I should have some sort of cleaning schedule and that might help a bit, but i just don't have the "time" to sit down and write it out... maybe i'll do that now. augh. chores.

6 comments:

Gabby said...

Our houses look similar in how messy they are.. except i don't have any kids so it makes me feel like more of a failure.

Jessica :) said...

Having a cleaning schedule sure helps me but it does take some time to create one and a lot of discipline to make it work. But I think having kids just naturally does a lot of that. I can't keep certain rooms in my house clean to save my life anymore. I just bar my dear child from areas of the house so there is always one place that is clean. Ah, feel the Zen. Or something like that like that, anyway. :P

Unknown said...

The only thing that went through my mind was "bless her heart" I don't know you do it girl

Jenna and Drew said...

I agree. The good thing about us is that we go through our stuff so often we really don't have enough to make a mess. I hate cleaning though, it seems never ending.

nayumi said...

your house is mighty cute though! umm. so i wish i wasn't in school, so i could come visit you all! if you need a free live in nanny during the summer..i'm free!:)

The Crisps said...

Oh man I feel your pain!! I try so hard to keep a clean house and end up in tears so often for wasted effort. I have resorted to getting rid of everything. Nothing feels so good as throwing away that dumb toy that I've picked up 3 times today...you know what I mean? I warn the kids, if I have to pick it up, it goes in the trash. As for the husband mess---haven't figured that one out, dang it.