Tonight was crazy hard for me mentally.
My friend couldn't make it to our run and I was already at the school so I wasn't going to turn around and go home.
I rented a shirt and went down the the hot hot gym and started my run.
5 min warm up took forever I thought, but then I started running and my brain started back talking me. 1 min in.. 2 min in.. 3 min in.. My brain just did not want to run. But I kept at it. I closed my mouth for a good half mile, focusing on my breathing. slowly in through my nose, out through my nose. I don't know if I'm supposed to be doing that, but it sure does help me not hyperventilate.
10 min in and I'm still running... astounded that I'm still running.
15 min in and I feel like I'm done done done.. but I push myself, while my brain is cursing me like a sailor, " don't be a P, c'mon.. keep on going. Don't be freaking lazy!!! this is good for you!! stop being a pansy A" I'm telling you.. I'm a sailor. haha (some of you probably aren't laughing, but i think it's hilarious)
20 min in and I keep saying "okay.. only 5 more min.. this shouldn't be too hard"
holy.crap. those last 5 minutes lasted AN ETERNITY!! are you kidding me. That's when I became the most colorful.
BUt you know what? for not having any music playing, or a magazine to read or people to look at, i did pretty well.
I tried to follow the advice of a girl i admire by thinking of other things, but seriously this is what i thought " Man.. okay i have to think about other things than running......... nope.. still thinking about running" haha. I could not focus on anything else BUT running.
but i'm super proud of myself!! I ran 25 min without feeling like my lungs were gonig to burst into flames!! that is such a feat for me. my breathing was steady from start to finish!!
but man. i think i'm going to be sore tomorrow.
p.s. i think i love running

No comments:
Post a Comment