Friday, May 20, 2011

Re-fashion friday: too small maxi dress into shirt dress


I wish i had taken a picture of the Maxi dress before I ripped it apart, but I ripped that dress up like 6 months ago... yeah i'm just not getting to it.
anyways. The purple shirt used to be a long sleeve old navy shirt. I hate this fabric as a shirt because it stretches out and i think it's totally unflattering, but I don't really mind it as a shirt dress.
The maxi dress used to be down to my ankles and austin hated, HATED that dress.

I'm not really a long dress kind of person.. I've worn four long dresses in my lifetime. 1 & 2 for Austin's Jr and Sr prom, my senior prom and one for my wedding.

so here's what i did to the dress:

cut off the triangle top of the maxidress (that was the too small part)
cut about  8 inches off the bottom of the shirt
cut about 20 inches from the sleeves
cut about 18 inches from the bottom, hemmed it and used the leftover fabric to make a tie for the back.

I spent almost all day yesterday sewing. I made 4 articles of clothing and still have two more to go.
but I think i'm officially addicted to refashioning clothes! this might be a weekly thing.
Im most excited for tomorrows outfit.
think about madras + blue oxford = the most awesome preptastic outfit.
stay tuned!!

p.s. this is lorelei throwing a fit while i try to take outfit pictures

No comments: