Monday, May 23, 2011

i'm here, but my mind is somewhere else

I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words. I'm still in shock about everything that has happened.
So many of my friends back home have lost their homes and have no where to go. I feel so helpless being all the way out here, I wish I could just hop on a plane or jump in my car and go back to Joplin to help everyone.

Meghan was found! She was helping get patients out of the hospital and then went to help people who were hurt.

I woke up this morning and watched the news. You know it's not a lie that everyone wants their town to be famous, but not because of something so devastating.  I couldn't help but burst into tears several times during the day, while driving. I never thought that this would affect me so much. All I can do is count my blessings and thank Heavenly Father for protecting my friends and family.

Our stake center is gone, flattened to the ground. I couldn't help but look at my old photos of my friends and I goofing off inside the church. It was nice to remember, but left me with a pang in my heart.

The death toll is up to 119 people, and I'm hoping, PRAYING that I don't know anyone of those 119 people.

but once again, thank you so much for thinking of me and leaving me your sympathies. It really means alot to me.

2 comments:

Hil said...

Still praying for you and your friend and family! It pains me to watch the news, and I don't even have any connection to there. I can't imagine what it must be like for you and just hope that you can find comfort and solace! So happy they found your friend and that she is alive and well!

Hil said...

p.s. I meant "friends". ;)