top: F21, Jeans: Aeropostale, Shoes: F21
I find that if I wake up at 5:00 a.m. I am more liable to do the necessary housework that helps our house not look like a hoarders/bachelors house.
But normally the only time I'm up at 5:00 in the morning it's against my will.
Take last night for example; Spencer my loving (almost 8 month old son... holy cow) boy likes to wake up at 1:00-3:00 a.m., eats and then goes back to bed. Well.. I'm tired of getting up during these times. So Austin and I decided to start sleep training him (which makes me apprehensive because he and Lorelei share a bedroom) and we're using the Ferber's Method (which involves him crying himself to sleep so that he'll learn how to self soothe himself). Last night he went to bed at 8:00 p.m. like normal and he was out like a light (that's what happens when you only take one nap and a short one at that), he slept like an angel until 3:00 where he woke up and cried. I waited 3 min and then went in and assured him that we were here and that he was safe, and left (which ticked him off). He cried on and off for about and hour and then I think he fell asleep (but i don't know because i fell asleep, with my head under a pillow i'm sure) and then he was all bloody murder scream/crying until 5:00 where I finally got up for the day.
He woke Lorelei and Austin up in the process (austin said that lorelei was just sitting up in her crib with a look that said "really spencer *looks at watch* it's 4:00 in the morning! SOMEONE GET HIM OUT OF HERE" and she was up for the day (against our will) at 5:00 in the morning.
So I fed spencer and played and gave him a bath until 8:00 where he is now taking a nap (that he put himself to sleep for in his crib all by himself) and he's still asleep at 10:30.
Needless to say, I'm suuuuuuper sleeepy
Lorelei my love wanted to get in on the outfit pictures.
Maybe we'll just take outfit pictures together everyday.
I think I'm going to watch Greek while I wait for laundry and dishes to be done... (Greek is my new current obsession besides Psych and Prison Break)

1 comment:
Ugh, don't you hate sleep training? Livie had been doing really well - sleeping through the night and everything and then the last couple of mornings she's waking up at 2 am and will not go back to sleep unless we feed her. She hasn't been fed in the middle of the night since she was two or three months old! Seems like there's always something. Good luck with Spencer!
Post a Comment