she had a temp tuesday of 101, so i gave her ibuprofen thinking it would go away.
she started getting a runny nose, and a cough.
wednesday she slept 13 hours!! and woke up with a horrible cough, her temp was still 101, so i gave her more ibuprofen, told austin about it and kept an eye on her.
she went to bed around 9:30, and was blazing. so i cracked a window in her room and put her to bed in just a onesie.
i went to bed around 11:30, started to watch a movie. lorelei woke up calling my name.
we slept on an off till around 4:00 and finally i decided that she was too hot, stripped her down to a diaper for an hour hoping it would cool her down . At five, she was still really hot so i drew a bath and we played in there for 30 min, it cooled her down and we put on monster inc and fell asleep until 8:00.
She was so hot when she woke up that i rushed downstairs and took her temp... it was 104, so i text austin and he told me to take her down to urgent care (got early when they open, it's so much faster), i went and was seen almost immediately. The doctor listened to her, and decided that she had bronchitis because she sounded sticky in her lungs.
They gave her two steroid shots :(.... i wish austin were there instead of me. all i could do was say "i'm sorry... i'm sorry!"
i drove to the pharmacy and got her prescription filled and we drove around for 15 min.
I would look back at her in the backseat and she was just so sad and pathetic looking, it broke my heart.
she's feeling (or acting at least) a little better. she's not attached to my body right now, but she's constantly asking for something to eat. i'll make her something to eat and she doesn't want it, asks for a drink, i make her a drink and she doesn't want it.
I hope tonight goes okay, i hope she's able to go to bed at her bedtime, alone, bc i'm soooo tired.
I wasn't tired last night, but it caught up with me this afternoon, and lorelei has only been able to sleep for maybe an hour and a half at a time.
i also feel like i'm going to be sick, so i bought emergen-c per austin's advice... he didn't tell me it was nasty stuff (he knew i wouldn't drink it if it was).
but i've also been chugging orange juice (im already down half a gallon.... :|)
eventful morning.
austin comes home tomorrow :)
we aren't able to go to utah because of lorelei being sick, so we're going to be here, in our homes, our germ infested home. haha.

1 comment:
Man, I'm so sorry Lorelei is so sick. I really hope you don't get it! And sorry you don't like Emergen-C. I love that stuff when I'm getting sick. What flavor do you have? There are certain flavors I don't really care for.
Post a Comment