Saturday, December 5, 2009

i posted pictures on facebook of my ultrasound yesterday (actually austin did) and it's funny to see my non-member friends comments.

It's funny to see them react to me being married, having a kid and having another one at only age 22. I know 22 seems young to the outside world, but to me (us) it's really not that bad.

I guess when you know things about the gospel and how important family is you have a different perspective on things. My mind set really isn't where theirs is. I'm not out looking for a good party and i'm really not career based or driven. I'm home-based, family driven. I know some people think i'm crazy for having children in my early twenties, but check this out, i plan on being done when i'm 25, which means i'll have my 30's and 40's and have energy, look "well-rested" and actually have an idea of what generation my children are growing up in.

It's really important for me to be somewhat "in the know" with my kids. My parents are in their 60's and 70's. They really had no idea what it was like for me growing up because of their HUGE generation gap. So we didn't really get along and understand each other.

The only thing i don't look forward to is having the potential of being a 40 year old grandma, but you know what; when i'm 40, lorelei will be 19, baby no. 2 will be 17 and hopefully no. 3 will be trailing close behind in age.

the end.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

I got pregnant with Hailey when I was 19. So hey, you could be a grandma at 40. I didn't actually have Hailey till I was 20 though. It's smart to get done early!

Unknown said...

That HUGE generation gap was there with me and they were 21 and 24 when I was born. You're doing great, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Smart to finish having them while you're young and energetic. Sarah was a struggle and I was only 30!

Tried to call you yesterday but got some guy named "Steve" instead. new number, please.

The Crisps said...

Yay for having lots of kids early! Atleast you are in Rexburg where its normal to get married young and have kids right away. You should have seen my doctors face when I got pregnant with Allison. He and the nurse couldn't believe I was 22, having my third kid,all the same dad, AND I was actually married. Thats an extremely rare combination these days, lol. I'm happy for you guys!