Today was a good day. I have great friends, two best friends that are my support system. They are an awesome distraction.
It's funny, before I learned that something was wrong (or that it was confirmed to me that something was wrong) with spencer I was always trying to get away from the house. I "needed" a break from my babies because they were driving me crazy.
Now, I don't want to leave them, I want them constantly by my side. The things I once thought were annoying are now a joy to me, because i know i only have a limited amount of time with them.
Its sad that it takes a fatal diagnosis to turn your attitude around, it's really such a shame. I regret not loving every moment of my childrens growth and "annoyance".
Do i get annoyed? Yes, but for some reason, it doesn't make me crazy anymore.
As I was out today with Chelsea and Sarah (and Jack), all I could do was miss my children. I wanted to cuddle and mother Jack, but I had to remember that he's not mine, and that I would rather be snuggling my babies.
Today was mostly good. I woke up in good spirits and missed the kids as soon as I got in the car to drive to springfield, I teared up at least 5 times during my drive, but i kept trying to shake it off, deep breathing techniques. The rest of the day was filled with laughter and food and stomach aches, but i was still longing to be with my children. Right now i'm feeling alright, broken, but that's normal right?

1 comment:
Dawn...I just wanted to let you know I have been thinking about you A LOT since reading about your little guy. I hope you guys are finding peace and comfort through Christ, who knows EXACTLY how you are feeling. Hang in there, friend!
Post a Comment