We all know Lauren from Laguna Beach (obsessed with that show...) and The Hills, so we all know that she's pretty well off, but she relates to people in this book about budgeting for shopping and says that fashion shouldn't be something that you should go into debt for, but she also says that if you feel like spoiling yourself, there isn't anything wrong with that.
I literally read this book in a day. It honestly didn't feel like reading, because she's talking to you/with you about fashion. She gives a ton of great resources for finding clothes and gives you her favorite brands.
One thing that I really loved about this book is that she goes over how to discover your style and organize your closet. My closet is pretty much the size of my big toe and I almost have no clothes so I don't really need to organize my closet, but I liked that she takes everything out of her closet and tries everything on so that she can go through what she likes and what she doesn't like, what can be given away and etc.I also LOVED her idea of taking pictures of every outfit so that you can have a look book of sorts. This is an awesome idea because it teaches you how to shop your closet and be creative. That said, we all know that I tried to dabble in fashion blogging for a while and... well that burst into flames and I did it so sporadically that I just stopped.
After reading this book I think i'm going to try to take a stab and "fashion blogging" again (mostly just for myself but you can look if you want) and actually get this said blog it's own blog and not litter the family blog. I"m also going to be a little more open minded when it comes to where I get my clothes.
and those are my book reviewing skills.. haha.
Next Book on the list: The Great Gatsby ( i started it... just haven't quiet finished it)


No comments:
Post a Comment