Wednesday, September 26, 2012

starting next week...

that's a line that has almost no promise haha.
Anyways, my motto from now on, when it comes to buying things like clothes, jewelry and food  (except for the occasional special night dinner) is "if you can make it, don't bother buying it".
I'm slowly learning to be more self sufficient, austin and i are turning into hippies i tell you.
One of the reasons austin decided not to go active was because we wanted to live in a place where we could have our very own self sufficient farm. So that means, a couple cows, acreage for produce, chickens and maybe a piggy.

but i'm going to start small for now. I'm going to start sewing my own clothes (except for sweaters.. i'm not a very good knitter). maybe i'll even blog about it (doubt it, but it was fun to say out loud)

and now. i'm off! today is a musical day, if you see me, you can only speak to me in your best sing-song voice!

1 comment:

Mishqueen said...

Me too, I've been trying to make my own stuff for a while. (It's called a Crunchy Con--hippies for conservative reasons). But I'm better at jewelry and food than the other stuff. I need to get a working sewing machine...

Although, I'm still struggling with the idea of caring for livestock. I'd love to team up with a friend and help alleviate their costs. :)