I don't get it, I used to be so active and athletic. And then I had kids and all of a sudden I have no time to do anything (because I DO NOT, WILL NOT sacrifice my sleep). I'm not overweight. I'm in my healthy weight range. I'm just not happy with the way I look. I want to be toned ALL OVER.. not just in my arms from carrying babies around everywhere.
My diet has been alright, although I indulge more than once a week. I'm drinking soda more than I have been in the last 3 months (boo!!!). Everyone I've started working out with has quit because I'm lazy, or they are lazy or we just have different goals and different definitions of what our goals mean.
I'm just frustrated I guess. I'd ask Austin to workout with me, but he's too fast for me and he's a good husband and feels bad when I'm lagging behind so he hinders his workout just to stay with me. He's a great motivator though and he makes me want to push myself.
Running with a 50 lb stroller and 50-55 lb children (together) SUCKS beyond compare.
I want to start running but i beat myself up about it everytime i do it. " I hate running, this sucks, I can't go any further, If i run any further i'll drop dead".
bah. how do you fitness junkies do it? and does anyone want to workout with me and make me work out?
wah wah, it's whine week for me

7 comments:
after 4 years of running I am just now starting to enjoy it since i am finally not gasping for air... so sorry to make it sound as sucky as it is but its true.... what does help is mixing it up ALL the time. I dont know if you have classes available to attend but I swear they are life savers. I am addicted to everying, spinning, attack, kick boxing so if that is feasible do classes and a ton of gyms have day care... so you can run like 2 days a week and then hit some classes on the others... I also found that I can't stop ever, as soon as I take a break I dont ever want to go back to working out so I just try and find a way to do something... even if its putting in a pilates dvd for 20 min ... Hopefully this helps a little
I've been off and on about doing any kind of exercise since having Livie. Mostly off. I'll go walking with you! Just like ild times! But not running because I'm pretty sure I would be the lazy friend and would quit within a day.
Doing the walk/run/walk combination really helps! Like 1/2/1 or 1/3/2 etc, after a while once you are done warming up you want to start running faster, and cool down less! I also found while training for my half-marathon last year that the treadmill is great for lung endurance, while the outdoors is great for working different muscles and mixing it up. Biking is also great, and shouldn't be overlooked! You can hitch the kids to the back and avoid hills! :-D
I actually feel the same way. I want to be toned but have no motivation. I started Turbo Fire again with the husband today. The Turbo Jam/fire series are pretty good for toning. I want to be a runner though!It's too bad we don't live in the same state. I am also in need of someone who won't quit or won't let me quit until I look good in that bathing suit.
oh i KNEW you lived over there! but i wasn't sure which one! i will definitely have to stop by next time =)
I don't work out regularly...but since having Carson, it's just another excuse to add to the pile and I've learned EVERYTHING is harder once you have kids. I have Stephen make up a workout for me to do at home. I need to buy some weights though. It's easier to work out at home and it's not embarrassing working out at the gyms.
I am in the same boat as you. I started working out a couple times a week with some friends and that only lasted about 3 weeks and now we've stopped. Our schedules are just too different. I can't work out with you, but maybe we can keep eachother going. We can set certain days to do certain types of workouts and report back to eachother. I'm not very good with running though because if I go out running anywhere around here I'm pretty sure I'd get shot, mugged, or kidnapped before I made it back home. I really want to get toned up, so we can work on that. Let me know if you're up for it.
Post a Comment