Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Workout Wednesday: The smoking of a lifetime.

I don't know. Maybe I"m a huge wuss, but I invited my military fitness, national guard husband to workout with me. He's huge into running and I'm trying to get into running, but he's super hardcore.

We worked out outside as opposed to me being in the gym on a treadmill with weights afterwards.

We started out with
2 sets of lunges
1 set of butt kicks
1 set of high knees

we then did 100 yd sprints on 100 yds rest (walking) for 400 yds.
then we did stairs... stadium seating.
He did 2 sets, I did one because i thought my lungs were literally going to explode. couldn't catch my breath to save me life (not true, but you know what i mean)
Then we did body dips for 30 ( as many as possible)
after the dreaded stairs we did abs
60 ( one-two- three ONE, one-two-three TWO) scissor kicks
1 minute worth of v ups (which by the way are crazy hard, i was grunting like a woman giving birth)
the plank for 30 seconds with both elbows on the ground and then 2 sets of side planks.

after that we jogged 100 yds sprinted 100 yds for 400 yards
after that Austin  did stairs while i jogged around the track because I'm A HUGE WUSS
and then I stopped and he ran another 400 yds (see he's crazy sauce)

and now my shins hurts like chiz and i'm all sorts of sore haha.

gotta love my husband for pushing me, but I don't think I'll ever workout with him again. haha

1 comment:

Kayla Moncur said...

Holy mercy that is a serious workout. You are a stronger woman than I am. I wish my husband would work out with ME though! Lucky duck :)

Kayla
Freckles in April