Monday, April 25, 2011

Military Monday: What I'm excited for and Not excited for about going Active Duty

Excited for:
Free healthcare
B.A.H.
The opportunity to travel
Meeting new people,  it's a small world when you're in the military. It's even small when your Mormon AND in the military.
Austin NEVER being out of a job (unless he gets hurt)
Discounts.. come on, it's nice getting a discount because your husband is military. don't act like it's not
Growing closer to Austin because of the constant separation ( for some people it tears them apart, for me and austin, it brings us closer together)

Not excited for:
Deployments
Packing up and moving every 4 or so years
Unpacking
Transitioning the children
culture differences
culture shock


My friend and I were talking about this last night and how excited we are for everything. There are some girls who want nothing to do with the military and give their husbands a hard time and it makes me sad. How could I not support Austin and his dream to become an American Soldier? How could I not grow to love the United States Army? The Government makes me crazy  sometimes, but I love it regardless. 

maybe i'm an overly excited milspouse.. but at least i'm a supportive one.