Thursday, September 23, 2010

moolah, dough, greenbacks, frogs, skins, cash monies

money makes me want to barf
just sayin'

I don't like how money owns me.
blah. i hate what it does to people
i hate that we need it so much.
call me crazy.... or socialist... but if socialism worked, it'd probably be for me.
image via (weheartit)

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I hate money too - as evidenced by my post today :)

I am not really for socialism either... I don't know what I am for. No money I guess ;)

shirley elizabeth said...

Money is merely a standard - a means of distributing the goods and services around to those who want/need them. Our form of money is like glorified bartering. It's the middle man. We give our goods and services to someone that wants them in exchange for money, and we can then use that money on the goods and services from others. I think most of the problem comes with debt (I don't have a problem with money, but it's debt that makes me want to throw up) - when we receive goods and services through money we don't have by promising to repay with our future goods and services.

I don't see what hating money has to do with wanting socialism...socialism needs money like any other system - it's merely a standard. The difference is that your goods and services are no longer considered yours, but that of the central entity, and you no longer receive the just reward of your goods and services, or you receive reward for goods and services you never provided or performed.

Dawn said...

if i could get away with not having a phone or living in a house or having a means for transportation i would.
it's not debt so much that makes me want to barf because we don't have that much debt, it's worrying about whether or not we'll have enough to live off of.

and i'm okay with sharing. i'm not a greedy person.
in my opinion (and i'm certainly not an expert in socialism or finances) i don't see anything wrong with putting our good and services into a central entitiy. If we could all work together and help each other out without getting greedy and power hungry (which is almost impossible) then it would work and we certainly wouldn't be in as much trouble as we are now individually and as a whole. The reward could be simply the warm fuzzy feeling of serving your fellow man, but as i've said before i like the theory of it, not that it would ever work or ever has worked in practice.