one part austin
one part lorelei
and
one part spencer.
i've also decided that i look tiiiiiiired.. time to use foundation
without them, i'm heartless. eeep. imagine cruella devile or the scary witch from sleeping beauty.
lorelei and i have been butting heads lately, :( i feel as though i'm living my future. i hope we like each other when she's a teenager. I want her and i to be best friends, friends who share secrets with each other, friends who can rely on each other. I'm not like that with my mom, so i only wish to have this with her.
lorelei and i have been butting heads lately, :( i feel as though i'm living my future. i hope we like each other when she's a teenager. I want her and i to be best friends, friends who share secrets with each other, friends who can rely on each other. I'm not like that with my mom, so i only wish to have this with her. anyways.
i feel like she resents me for adding to the brood, but austin told me today that she'll be okay, she'll get over it but let her know that you're still mom.
Austin also advised me that when i'm talking to her, i have to be firm, yet loving.
he said " dawn, talk to me like you talk to lorelei" and i couldn't, i didn't know what he meant.
so he did it for me he said " Lorelei... GO TO BED" and i became sad, i don't know how to be firm yet loving, i blame it on my childhood. there was not firmness followed by love. it was firmness and don't screw up again.
Austin showed me how to be firm but loving.. "lorelei, it's time for bed. Lets go to bed okay?"
sound easy peasy right? we'll see.
this little man has not so little farts.. last night he farted and i about died because it sounded like a daddy fart. this little guy is starting to wake up more and more. he's also become quite the wiggle worm. wiggling out of his burrito in the middle of the night.
this girl. i love her, and her incessant screaming. i don't know why we're having such a hard time. but i'm going to strive to be more loving, understanding, caring. because i love this girl. the thought of my world without her makes me crazy sad. like.. just the thought makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep.
this little man has not so little farts.. last night he farted and i about died because it sounded like a daddy fart. this little guy is starting to wake up more and more. he's also become quite the wiggle worm. wiggling out of his burrito in the middle of the night.
this girl. i love her, and her incessant screaming. i don't know why we're having such a hard time. but i'm going to strive to be more loving, understanding, caring. because i love this girl. the thought of my world without her makes me crazy sad. like.. just the thought makes me want to curl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep.we just have to figure each other back out.

2 comments:
My little sister and I are 17 months apart. My mom says that when my sister was born, I wouldn't have anything to do with my mom for a little while after. She said I wouldn't even let her change my diaper so I potty trained myself so she wouldn't have to do anything with me. She also said I would scream for the longest time when my dad left everyday to go to work. But I did get over it and things got a lot better. And I don't remember anything about that time so don't worry - I'm sure Lorelei won't either. I'm sure Austin is right - she just needs to be sure you are still the same person and that she hasn't been replaced by this new little person, especially since she probably thinks you give him all your attention {as newborns need a lot of attention}. I hope the transition starts to get easier for you both! Let me know if I can help you with anything {and remember you are always welcome to come over anytime you need to get out .... I have AC!}
Love your blog! This post makes me smile. You're a great mom. I'm not a mom yet, but I enjoy your advice and experiences (handy for the future)
Post a Comment