Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sweet and Sour Chicken...mmm..

i'm posting this because everyone loves it
and because i'm entering a blog recipe swap.

Sweet and Sour Chicken
Light Batter:
3/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup water
1 egg slightly beaten
Mix all together.

Fry until golden brown

the sauce

3/4 cup sugar
4 tablespoons catsup
1/2 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Mix all ingredients together.


serve with rice and VIOLA! you have better chinese food than New Fongs (gag...) and old fongs (double gag).. should be known as gag fongs.

2 comments:

AdrianneJayne said...

we just had this. I use this recipe at least twice a month. thanks for sharing it!

Anonymous said...

Yum! It sounds delicious! I can't wait to try it!

Also, how do you get your font to look like it does? I love it but can't figure out how to make mine anywhere close...