Thursday, May 28, 2009

its my goal in life..

to have a great relationship with my daughter like Lorelai and Rory have (had.)
i know it's fictional, but my goodness, they are absolutely how i want lorelei and my relationship to be

I don't want to be one of the overbearing mothers who pushes he child too hard, or pushes her child to do what she (the mother) wants. I want to support lorelei like Lorelai supports Rory. I want to allow lorelei to choose what she wants to do. I want to give her independence while guiding her in the right direction.

most of all, i want what i never had. I want my mom to be my best friend, someone who i can go to all the time with anything. No one who'll judge me. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I heart Gilmore Girls and I love that picture. I'm sure you and Lorelei will have a beautiful relationship and I'm excited to meet her!