it's sad when you have to put disclaimers on your blog.
but don't comment if you can't say anything nice. just suck it up and either don't read this or stop reading my blog.
This last week has been a week where i've been both really happy and really annoyed.
I'm happy that our next president is going to be Barack Obama. Yep i said it. I'm LDS and more Democrat than i could ever be Republican. I really do think that we need a change, i think that it's such an accomplishment for The United States, the place where we separated colored from white.
also
Prop 8. I'm sure that if i were in California, i would have voted No. Do i agree with being gay? no, do i understand why people are gay? No. do i condone being gay. No. But i'm not about to tell someone that they aren't allowed to be with the person they love or that they can't get married. It's not my place. 35-40 years ago would it have been socially acceptable for my husband who's white for him to marry me? A brown girl? heck no. If we were still in missouri back in the late fifties/early sixties, i'm pretty sure that people would have done things to our house, our car and it would have been a burden to go out together.
i guess i'm just all about equality. I love the church, please believe me. but i can't tell people what to do. I can't decide for them, because i'm taking one thing away from them, remember that thing we all have. AGENCY.
I think the protesters that have parked their hineys at the Los Angeles LDS temple are sitting there for no reason.I also think they have their facts wrong. What the Church presidency does and what church members do (like donate money) are completely and totally seperate. I know that the church did what they felt they needed to do. but don't confuse that with them donating money. They gave guidance in what we should do, they did not blatantly tell us to dontae money, or petition.
this is just my vent, and if you don't agree, all i can do is apologize

3 comments:
omg have psycho creepers been leaving you mean comments to?
i was seriously attacked the other day on my own blog! Some old ladies even blogged with a link to my blog telling all their friends to rip me apart!
seriously it hurt my feelings, even though they were saying the stupidest things!!! even sinking so low as to try to correct my grammar! losers!
anyways. i'm sry if that happened to u 2! :-(
&& i love ur open-mindedness!
I feel the same about prop. 8 when you think about it in basics.
Is it fair to tell people who love each other that they can't be married?
No.
If it were that simple, it wouldn't even be an issue.
The only thing that jumbles up my mind is my concern for the kids. I don't know all the facts.. I actually haven't even been following the politics/studies or anything about the issue. I've just heard tid bits about how being a child in that situation could really affect you badly. Which in turn could basically cause serious societal problems (not that we don't already have those a plenty..)
I don't know. Just some thoughts. It's so annoying when there is all this gray.
totally off topic here...
i saw some pics from your weekend home. is daddy okay? he looks sick and like he's having trouble walking/standing. also, i need his address. thanks so much.
you look awesome!!!! hurray for post baby rebound. i've been a lousy sister, things here have been...unusual, to say the least. will fill you in later.
love,
sis
Post a Comment