Friday, July 18, 2008

yesterday... best day ever

Yesterday was bitter sweet. Had my last class in English, a class i really did grow to love, even though i was going to fail horribly.
I also had my final interview, instead of a final test, we had a final interview. I'm telling you, it was the scariest thing i had to prepare for. Because you grade really depends on this interview.

so i prepare this interview by making this art journal, i'll have to take pictures and post them on here, but it took me pretty much all semester to make. I was really kind of proud of it, maybe i am creative after all. And then i planned out an itinerary for the meeting, i had 30 minutes to kill, and he wanted us to use all the time we signed up for. Anywho.. i wrote down questions, wrote down my gratitude towards him and the class, and what he taught us by not making us write papers all semester.

I did tell him though, that by the middle of the semester, i was ready to write papers, i was tired of having to think, and by think, i mean think really hard. Thinking so hard that you actually change how you think.

I asked him, how i grew in the class. He replied, your heart got alot softer. and that was it, the tears started a flowing. I told him, that the class really changed the way i felt about a lot of things, and that the class really helped me humble myself and ask for help. I'm the pregnant lady with the husband in the military, and i was going to school and work. it's hard stuff.

so the interview ended, and i wanted to talk about my grade. I told him, that i knew that i had missed three classes, because i saw austin for 2 classes and didn't come prepared thus was asked to leave, resulting in another absence. I was ticked, and we even had a huge class discussion about it, but i told him, that as much as i didn't deserve to fail, i didn't deserve and A. I was going to say i want a B, because that's why i felt i deserved, but, he asked me why i didn't think i deserved an A, and i said, it was because i didn't feel i came prepared like i should, and he said, We'll i've already given you an A. I just sat there, stunned. I tried to protest, but really he wouldn't let me.

That, could have been the best day of this semester i've had yet.

Thanks bro grant. for changing my life... literally.


oh, on a not so awesome note.
we can't move out of the village until october, so no, we don't have an apartment anymore. and it's annoying.

No comments: