Tuesday, April 29, 2008

when life hands you lemons




and you've got strawberries in the fridge...





MAKE STRAWBERRY LEMONADE!





i was in a "lets make yummy food" mood, so i made funfetti cookies and strawberry lemonade.


it could have been because i was procrastinating my D&C paper. or..... yeah, i was just procrastinating, but dont you worry your pretty little hearts. I got it done, and it wasn't bull pooped, it was insightful (for my standards) seeing as how i feel incompetent telling people about scriptures verses. I know i'm not as dumb as i think i am, but i'm always of saying something that isn't true. especially on a topic as serious as the scriptures.





today was a beautiful day.


tomorrow will not be a beautiful day





today it was 70 degrees


tomrorow... it will be 39, with a breeze and a chance of snow/rain





today i wore a dress with cut out flats


tomorrow i will wear my black ski coat, jeans and converse shoes.





today i wore a sweater to fend off the chill of the wind


tomorrow i will carry my golf umbrella.


huge? yes. worth not getting hit with cold wind YES!





Austin's probably aching for cold weather.


oklahoma heat, oklahoma drought, oklahoma wind, and best of all oklahoma dirt slapping you in the face with the wind blows





i'm sure if he could read this, he'd say "stop complaining... it could be worse"


and i would say "yeah... but it just stinks right now"


and he'd say "get over it, what can you do"





and he would be right.





i worry about him sometimes, when he calls i act like the over protective mother. Are you okay? are you sick? do you need anything? tell me what you need and i'll get it for you.





and all he says are. I'm fine, just send me letters.


and so i do, and i write him everyday, and i mail him pictures of my ever growing bump.


i tell him, our girl kicked me today, or our girl had the hiccups today while i was in english, and i was trying to listen to our lecture, but was distracted by the *hip**hip**hip* going on in my womb.





i'm starting to get impatient. 20 weeks flew by. but i want to meet her already. i want to see what she looks like, who she looks like. i wonder if she'll come out with a full head of hair, but know that the chances are slim. i wonder if she'll have austin's eyes. She'll be drop dead gorgeous if she gets his eyes, and i'll be jealous that her eyes are green-ish.





it's overwhelming thinking that in 4 more months, i'll be a mother.


i can hardly comprehend that i'm married. pregnant? that's crazy talk.


but here i am. dawn jones. a wife and mother.


who knew.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You sound like you're feeling better. I am glad.

Funfetti! I remember that I made you funfetti cupcakes once. It was right after they came out.

Hiccups, Sarah had them every stinkin day--but it was fun to watch my stomach jump.

Mother, you already are one! She knows your voice, talk to her. When John-Ross was born, he was crying and my doctor said, "Say something to him." I called him by name and I swear he turned his little head. He knew the voice. This time it wasn't muffled!!

You're going to do great as a mom, you had a great example. Yes, she have a head full of hair!!! I did, you did. Eye color is up in the hair, but my money is on Hershey Bar brown!

Good luck on the D&C paper.

Have a great day and be sure to look for rainbows.

love,
big sis

Unknown said...

that would be

"she'll have a head full of hair!"

"Eye color is up in the air",not hair!!!!

my brain is turning to oatmeal.

Lynette said...

I like your strawberry lemonade! I'm excited to be a mother too...